For any recreational fire you must stop at the station and we will provide you with your permit number for the year. You may then call in to the station and provide us your permit number for the day.
307.2-2 Prohibited Open Burning
Burning of rubbish of any kind shall be prohibited except between the hours of 5:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon, Mondays through Saturdays and only in a receptacle that prevents burning particles from being blown about by the wind.
- No person shall burn garbage of any kind anywhere in the City of Butler, except in an approved incinerator.
- No person shall burn leaves, weeds, grass, vines or other vegetation anywhere in the City of Butler, except the burning of leaves shall be permitted on private property from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays, during the months of October and November.
- No person shall burn any materials causing heavy smoke or noxious odors anywhere in the City of Butler.
- No person shall burn any scrap construction material or building debris of any kind anywhere in the City of Butler.
- Recreational fires are permitted on private property only in an approved container, with a readily available water source nearby. Seasoned dry hardwood to be burned only and with a permit obtained from the Fire Bureau. Any complaints will be handled by the Fire Bureau to determine whether the fire is considered a nuisance and should be extinguished.
- Fines for violations of the above will be $300 dollars and will be issued by the Fire Chief/Fire Marshal.